Welcome to The Fire Museum, for the Connecticut Firemen's Historical Society, located amidst the renovated red-brick mill buildings of the Cheney National Historic and Landmark District in Manchester, CT. The Museum is housed in a 1901 wooden firehouse, originally built by the Manchester Volunteer Firemen with funds donated by the Cheney Family, world renowned manufacturers of fine silk fabrics. The collection is on display on all three floors of our historic building, which includes a large gallery on the second floor.
2017 Connecticut Room Exhibit
"Connecticut's Bravest - the early years". This season's exhibit in the Connecticut Room Gallery is a selection of framed photographs from the early years of Connecticut's Fire Service. Dating from the late 1800s to 1950s, the photographs show early firemen in front of their firehouses and proudly posed with their apparatus.
The Museum is closed for the winter.
Opening April 14, 2018